Why Do I Need Homeowner’s Insurance? - Evansville & Newburgh, IN: Schultheis Insurance

Why Do I Need Homeowner’s Insurance?

Homeowner’s insurance protects you against risk factors related to your dwelling. This refers to the house in which you live as well as attached garages, sheds, storage areas and similar buildings on the property where your home stands. Homeowner’s insurance also covers loss of your personal property – things you own in or around your home, such as furniture, clothing, electronics, and collectibles. However, if you own valuable jewelry, firearms, collections, antiques, and some other types of items, you may need an additional coverage – called a rider – to protect you in case of losses of these more valuable possessions.

In addition to providing protection for your home and possessions, your homeowner’s insurance will protect you from liability losses if someone is injured on your property and you are found to be at fault.

Your homeowner’s insurance policy may also provide for alternate living arrangements if your home is damaged and you cannot live in it during repairs or rebuilding.

In addition to standard homeowner’s insurance, you may want to consider other coverages depending on your risk profile. Some of these coverages include earthquake, coal mine subsidence, and flood insurance.

Your Schultheis Insurance Agent can help you evaluate your need for coverages and locate the most cost-effective coverage for you and your possessions.